Medical Gas Safety Training – Porters and Maintenance Techs
This training course is aimed at all healthcare sites with piped medical gas systems and/or medical gas cylinder holdings.
Providing the essential training for porters and maintenance technicians in handling, storing or using medical gas cylinders, as required by HTM02-01 and the HSWA 1974.
Ensuring the safe operation and use of medical gas cylinders their hazards and emergency actions.
- Either 1 x ½ day session or 2 x ½ day sessions in the same day
- Up to 20 delegates per session (room size permitting)
- Theory, Demonstration and Test
- Hazards of compressed and cryogenic gases
- Colour and labelling identification of Gases
- Operation of cylinders
- Safe Storage and handling
- Practical Session (preparation of cylinders for use)
- Introduction to piped medical gas systems
- Warning alarm actions and isolation valves
- Operation of emergency supplies
- Practical changing cylinders on manifolds (if required)
- Why a permit to work system is in place
- Overview of pipeline connected equipment
- Certificate of completion issued