(RP) Responsible Person Training
This training course is aimed at small healthcare sites with piped medical gas systems but no onsite Authorised Person (MGPS). Or as a stepping stone for on-site competent persons looking to become Authorised Persons (AP MGPS).
Providing the essential training for site managers and senior staff responsible for the day to day operation of their MGPS on healthcare sites where they employ a remote Authorised Person (MGPS) or to support the AP (MGPS) for low hazard work out of hours.
Required by HTM02-01 and the HSWA 1974, to ensure the safe operation and use of medical gas pipeline systems and emergency actions.
- 1 full day training session
- Up to 10 delegates per session (room size permitting)
- Theory, Demonstration, *Group Workshop and Test
- MGPS basic principles
- Roles and responsibilities
- Oversee the routine operation and maintenance of the Medical Gas Systems
- Minor repair work to the system,
- Reporting faults, cylinders, alarms, piped system
- Equipment requirements and proper use
- Implementation of the *Permit to work (PTW) system, isolations and contingency planning
- Emergency situations and operational policy
- Certificate of completion issued