The DNO is the hospital Senior Nurse Manager, a Senior Nurse Manager or the Senior (night) Nurse in charge of a ward, with whom the AP-MGPS liaises on any matters affecting the MGPS.
For the purposes of MGPS work at ward level, the Senior Nurse Manager, will have jurisdiction over most MGPS work. This will include all planned and emergency local work in normal working hours.
In the event of a planned interruption involving more than one ward, e.g. for a major shutdown, the DMO will be consulted. The person assuming this responsibility will liaise with other clinical staff as necessary.
This training provides the essential training for department managers and nurses in charge of a ward or department, as required by HTM02-01 and the HSWA 1974, to ensure the safe operation and use of their medical gas systems and emergency actions
- Either 1 x ½ day session or 2 x ½ day sessions in the same day
- Up to 20 delegates per session (room size permitting)
- Theory, Demonstration, *Group Workshop and Test
- MGPS basic principles
- Roles and responsibilities
- Reporting faults, cylinders, alarms, piped system
- Equipment requirements and proper use
- *Permit to work (PTW) system, isolations and contingency planning
- Emergency situations and operational policy
- Anaesthetic gas scavenging systems
- Certificate of completion issued